question about RCBOS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
taking out a radial circuit on a B16 volex MCB and changing it to a ring circuit with a 32a volex RCBO but there are difference poles, can someone please explain to me the difference between them, as I'm not sure which to buy?

Sponsored Links
poles is usually a term used for single phase live only, 1 pole, single phase live and neutral 2 pole, 3 phase 3 pole, 3phase and neutral 4 pole

The normal ones you are likely to buy will be single pole (just the line switched). That is perfectly adequate for a circuit.
There are some single width (18mm.) double pole ones but they are not common.
Double pole ones (switching line and neutral) are usually twice as wide (36mm.) so you won't want them.

You say taking out a radial.
If you are removing the cable, then you may as well have a 32A radial using 4mm² cable.

Sponsored Links
so it's a type b i want, do I need to be concerned about the breaking capacity of the RCBOs? Volex brand is difficult to find in the usual places I will need to visit a merchant

Thanks, are there are other brands that are cross-compatibile with volex? I can't seem to find any volex, do they go by another brand name as well?

They are part of Electrium with Crabtree and Wylex.

I don't know which are interchangable but they will look different if that bothers you.

Somebody will know.

Hager should fit nicely. You may have to remove the busbar, fit new RCBO, then replace the busbar.

I've tested for contiunity using a multimeter meter and everything is fine so going to pop out now.

Whatever I can get is going to be dependent on what there is in my local area.

I don't really mind much what the RCBO looks like so long as it fits :). Will get back on here once I'm back.

And no doubt, on your return, the basket of misguideds here will continue to bring the forum into disrepute by assisting you in your illegal and potentially dangerous behaviour.

Your opinion is worthless to me. You are a attention seeking parasite.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back