Question for electricians

Have you ever cut the seals on a meter or cutout?

• Yes

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes. Is it not even less clear when the actual words from the Building Regulation (not guidance) are used? "A person intending to carry out work".
To be fair, I think the "intending" arises because the requirement is (as per the rest of the sentence) that the person 'notifies' a building control body, and obtains their permission to go ahead, before the work commences. So, to use BAS language, they would be 'lying' if they said that they were 'carrying out the work' before the work had started!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I know you (Bas) disagree but -

What about "A person intending to build an extension" relating to planning and structure?
Does the bricklayer have to do the paperwork?

Can you post the link to the part of the Building Regulations which contains that phrase? As the website holds them as several dozen individual pages it's not feasible to search the entire document.

Sponsored Links
shake%20head.gif

screenshot_369.jpg

You said What about "A person intending to build an extension" relating to planning and structure?

I asked Can you post the link to the part of the Building Regulations which contains that phrase?

You said BR amendment 2012 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/3119/regulation/6/made

I pointed out that BR amendment 2012 does not contain the phrase "A person intending to build an extension"

Please explain.
It appears that BAS is playing games again. You mentioned the (I assume hypothetical) phrase "A person intending to build an extension" and when BAS asked you to produce the page of the BR which contained that phrase, you provided a link to the (known) one about "A person intending to carry out (electrical) building work ....". His over-width graphical response appears to be an attempt to show you that the phrase "A person intending to build an extension" does not appear on that page.

Sigh.

Kind Regards, John

It appears that BAS is playing games again. You mentioned the (I assume hypothetical) phrase "A person intending to build an extension"
Not playing games.

The thing is that it is rather difficult, and remarkably pointless, to try and say what the legislation intends wrt to a hypothetical term which it does not contain.

His over-width graphical response
Sigh.

I can't always do anything about the fact that your display has such limitations.

The screenshot was of the web page as it showed when I visited it.

FYI - this is as narrow as I can make it before I have to start horizontal scrolling:

screenshot_370.jpg

You said What about "A person intending to build an extension" relating to planning and structure?
I asked Can you post the link to the part of the Building Regulations which contains that phrase?
Probably not.
If not, what do you think is its purpose in the electrical part?

You said BR amendment 2012 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/3119/regulation/6/made
I pointed out that BR amendment 2012 does not contain the phrase "A person intending to build an extension"
Right.

Can you post the link to the relevant part of the Building Regulations which does not contain that phrase? As the website holds them as several dozen individual pages it's not feasible to search the entire document.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back