Question on underfloor heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, before I invest in underfloor heating in my hallway (to be quarry tiled over), id like to know if it can connect via an electrical spur or does it have to go straight to CU on its own curcuit? The reason I ask is that my CU is in the garage across the other side of the house so routing the feed, by lifting floorboards and then into wall cavity, and because I'll have to get a sparky in I know this is gona cost if it has to be done that way (due to getting the feed from CU to hallway). If thats the case I wont bother also dont want to be waffled by the sparky lol if he says yea just go with a spur. Hope that makes sense!

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Depends on the size of the floor mat. If it's a small, less powerful one, it may be able to go on a 13 a fused spur from the socket circuit. RCD protection is important.

Before you invest check that underfloor heating will be adequate for the volume to be heated. Almost all under floor heating systems seem to fail to heat the room without the floor being uncomfortable warm ( hot ) to walk on without wearing shoes.

If you do fit electric heating under tiles then keep a few spare tiles for when the floor has to be taken up to repair a faulty elecment.

Consider a wet system ( hot water ) if you already have central heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back