Question regarding splitting basin wage and shower waste.

A

Alltheones

Ok so the set up I have at the moment a 32mm basin pipe it T ( sweeping but it’s upside down) connected into a 40mm from the shower waste which then goes into a push fit connection on a T soil under the toilet then soil goes around 1m horizontal too vertical soil one way and capped off the other, all this has fall but I’m worried about the sink emptying the shower trap.

first question is that a possible outcome with this set up.

My easy option to fix this is cut the 32mm off just after the elbow which goes too the T and fit a end cap then extend the 32mm into the end cap off the soil with either a pre made cap with waste outlet or drill the cap out and fit a waste push fit.

my question for this is, will the capped off T with a short return cause any issues to the draining of the shower.
And is the idea with the 32mm into the end cap right.

cheers.

Sponsored Links
E1-E181-F4-641-C-4463-8866-C5-B50-BC4-C395.jpg
AF649-BAB-7786-41-B4-BD0-E-2-EDAB9974344.jpg
75-D70213-C9-E7-4999-B9-C2-45-E4-D5-D2-EE12.jpg
9323-D7-DB-9-C86-454-D-8-BBA-000210-B07965.jpg

Layout doesn't look ideal, and the tee could certainly do with putting in the right way.

If you want to alter it, I'd cut the tee out altogether, and redo that section to the existing boss, and then replace the soil end cap with a proper single boss adaptor, (underground brown fitting wont hurt under the floor), and dog leg the basin waste into that.

Thanks mate. Was thinking roughly the same thing but didn’t want too mess with the 40mm, which was why I wanted to cap the 32mm after the elbow. cheers.

Sponsored Links
40mm pushes into the boss adaptor, just cut that bit off, remove, join a new piece and bend on. That tee if left is just going to fill with decomposing crud from the shower.

Ye I just cut the T in the end. The gunk was a concern I was just trying to avoid messing with a bit I didn’t want too.

It’s too late because it’s all finished but I have a question regarding this set up.

so the T adapter is horizontal as you can see one way is too the stack the other is capped off (now with a 32mm in a rubber bung and basin waste) the straight up is the toilet.
The more I think about this set up the more I think it can’t be right as surely some toilet water pushes up the 40mm as it’s right underneath it horizontal.

this was original I just extended the other end so it’s always been like this I actually get a small bit of movement on shower trap but nothing drains out, I guess a block would cause waste to come out my shower though.

with the sink in the end of the horizontal T this again works fine but I do get a gurgle from the last bit of water, I was going to actually add a aav under sink which I was hoping would stop that and maybe the shower trap movement.

what are the regs on cross contamination the T adapters come with boss’ to connect pipes but when I read the regs it’s says you can’t put waste branches across from each other. So even if it was a T adapter vertical it would still be directly across.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back