Quick check: 15mm to 10mm reducer, end feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks. Looking for a quick confirmation here.

In the morning I have to join a length of 10mm OD pipe to 15mm OD chrome.

I’m planning to use soldered end feed fittings (obvs I’ll remove the chrome first).

but looking through my box of fittings as well as screwfix and tool station there doesn’t seem to be an obvious fitting to use. I can’t find a 10mm (ID) female to 15mm (ID) male. The closest I can find, which I happen to have in my box, is a reducer which has a 10mm female socket and a 15mm male socket. If I used this then I’d have to use a 15mm-15mm straight coupler slid over the top and then the whole setup soldered in one hit.

Is this the normal way of doing it, or am I missing something obvious?

I do have a 15-10mm conex coupler that would work fine. But it’s going under the floorboards, under tile so I can’t risk it weeping.

thank you.

Sponsored Links
Is this the normal way of doing it
It would be normal until the last few years until they started bringing out a female both end types -

th

https://www.screwfix.com/p/solder-r...3ce3726f6b4612bba8ce2dac0b63d90a&gclsrc=3p.ds

That’s ace - thanks Madrab. Just done click and collect for a pair of them. Thought I was going nuts when I couldn’t find them anywhere.

Sponsored Links
That’s ace - thanks Madrab. Just done click and collect for a pair of them. Thought I was going nuts when I couldn’t find them anywhere.
For any future posts that is not an end feed fitting

Thank you. Yes - I’m aware of the difference but there does not seem to be an end feed fitting of this type, so a solder ring fitting will have to do: it’s under the floor so no one will see.

with regard to the male-female observation: I agree, I’ve never seen a “male” fitting that slips into a pipe - however the plumbing suppliers do still use the M-F terminology when describing fittings. Suppose they should describe them along the lines of “10mm F and 15mm OD” rather than “F 10MM X M 15MM” like they do on their websites.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta-end-feed-fitting-reducers-f-10mm-x-m-15mm-2-pack/77635

with regard to the male-female observation: I agree, I’ve never seen a “male” fitting that slips into a pipe - however the plumbing suppliers do still use the M-F terminology

Yes, with the gender diversity legislation one has to be so careful these days..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back