Racist woman on tram

john,

I agree there should be a limit on benefits that be claimed by new immigrants. We thrive as a nation on the skills that immigrants bring us, we have to be careful though that we dont become so hostile in keeping the benefit claimants out that we discourage others.

I wouldn't say that the UK is exactly thriving on immigrant labour,( legal or illegal)
I worked for a company that employed a few Polish people. One told me he was on the National Minimum wage, so I asked how he could afford to be here . He explained that he claimed Family Working Tax Credits, and got somewhere in the region of £150 -£200 per week extra. He then said that he wasn't married, didn't have kids, but that the HMRC were lax at the checks they did. If he was found out, he'd simply go back to Poland.
Well, goes some way to explain how they can work so cheaply here in the UK. Specially when you bear in mind that before he started work in this country, he'd not contributed anything at all into UK coffers, yet could almost instantly claim somewhere between £5000 and £10,000 in a benefit, albeit fraudulently.

Sponsored Links
Where did I say persuade anyone? I said that I wanted them to leave. That is my personal opinion. When do YOU think the UK is full up?

I'm glad that you except it's your opinion, not fact, or general feelings, etc.
You're entitled to your opinion, in fact you're welcome to it.

What I found a bit offensive is when you sling your opinions about as though they're harmless. There have been cases of ISP's been prosecuted for allowing members to 'broadcast' offensive remarks.

But. thanks for keeping the discussion nearly civilised, so far. Hats off to you for that, at least.
I hope others would take notice.

At the risk of perpetuating a discussion which others may find boring:
can I invite you to suggest a strategy for your scheme?

Bow out of Europe and then issue work permits for those we genuinely NEED.

No benefits for the first 5 years.

Sponsored Links
I didn't make a mistake. The transcript came much later. I didn't agree with the way she said things but the basic gist of it was that we don't need endless migration. I agree with that. It is becoming a complete disaster.

So it is ok to chat any shyte without knowing any of the facts?

2.7% of population of poland was classified other ethnic group at 2002 census .
just cause someones polish doesnt make the white .

You don't get it. In the eyes of a rasisct, you have to be white to be British. In the same way, all Polish are white.

I didn't make a mistake. The transcript came much later. I didn't agree with the way she said things but the basic gist of it was that we don't need endless migration. I agree with that. It is becoming a complete disaster.

There are no 'facts', we are talking opinions. Give us yours will you instead of commenting on others. Is the UK full or isn't it? Yes I'm asking YOU a question.

There are no 'facts', we are talking opinions. Give us yours will you instead of commenting on others. Is the UK full or isn't it? Yes I'm asking YOU a question.

You were commenting on what the woman said. So the transcript of what she blurted is the fact. How can you comment on something if you don't know what it is?

And before you say, you weren’t comment on what she said:

If you take out the silly talk you'd see that what she was really saying is that immigrants should go back to their own countries as they are causing British people grief by employment, wage suppression etc. I'd say the vast majority of British people would agree with that. We are already overcrowded - so when will it end? Her kid will never get a job. This is only the beginning.

As for what I think about immigration. We are living in a global world; people from every part of the world are migrating for better prospects. Don’t British migrate?

We have free education up to the age of 19 and student loans and grants beyond that. So why do we have a million young people out of work and not in education? You can’t expect to have options if you are fighting for minimum wage jobs?

I didn't know the transcript existed until much later. I heard her banging on about Poles etc.

As far as global movement goes then are you saying that all races can come here whenever they want to? That 7 billion people on Easy jet. If not - who can come and who can't? I ask you again when is the UK full? England is already the 6th most populated country in the world. Well?

I didn't know the transcript existed until much later. I heard her banging on about Poles etc.

As far as global movement goes then are you saying that all races can come here whenever they want to? That 7 billion people on Easy jet. If not - who can come and who can't? I ask you again when is the UK full? England is already the 6th most populated country in the world. Well?

No top of everything else, are you also deaf?

She probably mentioned Poles once, but mentioned black people 6-7 times. Do you have selective hearing?

Colour has nothing to do with immigration.

Now answer the questions.

[ are you also deaf?

While I might support your argument, I wouldn't support your approach.

Lets keep it civilised? ;)

Not much time now to debate your plan, Joe, maybe not to today, even.

Just a quick comment though.
I think if we pull out of the EU, we won't have much of an economy left to discuss.

We had one before the social charter in 2004. Where did it go then?

Sorry, just another quickie before I have to go:

Migration has been going on since time immemorial. I think to fight it too vociferously might be a little like King Canute trying to hold back the tide.

A little, not so light, reading, just to put 'migration' into perspective:
http://www.boatpeople.org/a_true_story.htm

I know you may say it's not relevant, but I think that our concern for our own wealth pales into insignificance compared to other situations.

Sponsored Links
Back