1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Radiator balancing

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Mr_T25, 8 Dec 2019.

1. Mr_T25

Mr_T25

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I always have heat output problems with one radiator in the house (loft bedroom but loft bathroom is fine). I've bled all the radiators in the house and even made sure that both sides of the valves in the bedroom are fully open. The radiator is hot on some days and not others.

I'm guessing it might have something to do with adjusting the other radiators in the house which have never properly been done.

My question is whether water continues to flow to the affected radiator or not giving rise the no heat issue?

2. Mottie

Mottie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Does upping the pump speed make any difference?

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Mr_T25

Mr_T25

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I hace no access to the pump, its all built in to the Viessmann storage combi boiler.
    Is this not a case of balancing the ssytem though when a radiator does notsufficiently heat up?

5. Gasguru

Gasguru

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Balance the system.

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links