Radiator has come out of the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I need your help I had somebody come in and skim my walls in my bedroom.

He has stood on the radiator and it's come out of the wall . I only found out about a week after I paid him and he refusing to take responsibility , claims it was already like that .

Impossible as I had new radiator put in about 6 months ago and they were solid against the wall .

Anyway such is life i see this as an opportunity to learn.

So gonna fix it myself . What's the best product to use to fill and drill . The hole iots about 40 to 50mm in depth and about 30 to 40 mm wide

Thanks

Sponsored Links
IMG-20220429-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20220429-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20220429-WA0004.jpg

Use a different fixing hole on the bracket so you can drill new holes into existing good plaster/brick (I'm assuming that's what you have).

Keep the new fixing well away from the old hole, even if you have to drill new holes in the brackets to achieve this.

Sponsored Links
Close valves, disconnect and drain radiator, remove from wall, then as above.

Not sure how he could skim the wall properly with the radiator in-situ anyway.

If you have some joist offcuts you can close the valves each end, loosen the Rad, rotate to horizontal with large timber offcuts to support the rad, tighten up the end joints again.
Then you have access to the wall to re-do the wall mount brackets. That means not having to empty the rad, so no water spilt on carpet.
At the end reverse procedure to hang correctly

What wall type is it? If it's brick then fill with mortar and drill new holes.

If it's plasterboard then that's a whole different ball game as the wall integrity is now compromised for 50 odd mm all the way around the hole.

Hi guys just to confirm it's brick wall that's so mich for your suggestions they are super

Use a different fixing hole on the bracket so you can drill new holes into existing good plaster/brick (I'm assuming that's what you have).

Keep the new fixing well away from the old hole, even if you have to drill new holes in the brackets to achieve this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back