radiator pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I'm redoing my wood floor and changing to column radiators do i need to change radiator pipesd to bigger ones? i have a vaillant ecotec plus 832

Sponsored Links
Why columns and have you had a good think about how the room heats up? Column rads are not as efficient at space heating as convection rads are due to the way they heat the air in the space. Even if they have the same output rating as what's currently there, I can almost guarantee they will take a lot longer to heat the space unless they are oversized or the room is quite small.

the place originally had ccolumn rads and felt warm and we're trying to go a bit original.
also noticing heat pumps use low temp so wondering about pipe size? or if columns are effective

Ah ok, if it already had columns and you were happy with them and you are just replicating that then great. The problems usually start going from convecting to columns and expecting them to work the same.

Pipe size wouldn't really matter as long as everything is fully pumped but ASHP do run cooler system temps so rads would normally be increased in size by anything up to 30% to compensate for the drop in output.

Sponsored Links
we had columns changed to convection but now want to go back. the house felt warm before double glazing. i know the heat feels different.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back