Radiators Gurgling and small banging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I’m a complete novice when it comes to plumbing so bear with me please!! Basically we moved into a new build house and in March time we had a fireplace put in but had to move a radiator in our living room which was completed and no issues, heating worked fine....I think I only topped up the system once. Fast forward to December and we had gone out for the day and in the evening noticed the heating didn’t come on. I checked the pressure and it was at 0....turns out there was a big leak in said radiator pipes in the wall that the plumber moved. In order to move the pipes round a wall they placed a 90 degree push fitting and it was at this point the water was leaking from. I should mention that prior to plumber coming out we drained the system (probably a stupid move) so when the plumber came to fix the leak he topped up the system but didn’t have inhibitor so came back the following week and filled up for us through our towel radiator in the upstairs master bedroom en-suite. The problem I have now is that I hear a gurgling noise in another radiator (the rad in the master bedroom) and some banging in the rad in the master bedroom en-suite. It seems to be when the heating system comes on the gurgling and banging starts although the gurgling does stop quite quickly. There is also a radiator in another bathroom upstairs that won’t come on at all.

I have tried bleeding air out of the system and there has been some in rads but will I have to just continue to do so in order to chase the air out of the system or is there potentially another issue? I’m worried there is a block somewhere as the rad not coming on at all feels cold in the pipes too so doesn’t seem like any water is getting there at all?

If it would help I could mock up a system diagram showing all the rads and location of boiler etc. I should also state it’s a Vokera boiler which I’ve been told on numerous occasions that I will have problems with it eventually!!

thanks in advance :)

Jamie

EDIT:
Issue resolved......it was trapped air so closing off all valves to all radiators and hot water forced it through :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back