Radiators hot but lukewarm water from the tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The other day we discovered that we cannot get hot water from the tap anymore. It fluctuates from lukewarm to almost cold (although sometimes gets hot for a couple of seconds at the start). The radiators still get hot when the central heating is on.

This happened after we had a problem with our shower, which refused to turn off. We had someone come around and seal off the shower unit completely as a temporary fix, and then we found that we had the problem with the hot water supply later that day.

I noticed that the boiler pressure gauge was down to zero, so I re-pressurised it back to 1.5 bars, assuming this was the problem. But nothing changed. We've also tried turning the boiler off for a while, and resetting it.

Our guy doesn't think it was linked to the shower problem, so maybe that was a coincidence. Although the water was consistently piping hot up until then.

The boiler is a combi Worcester Greenstar 24i.

Any tips on whether there's anything we can try would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back