radio "stuff" list

B

breezer

Some people claim (lets not go there) to be "alergic" to radio equipment. I was wanting to compile a list of all the stuff that uses radio that you will be near in everyday life, but its not that obvious it uses radio.

I mean the microwave detector in alarms,
The microwave detector that tells a door to open as you walk towards it.
The radio operated door bell
The radio operated baby monitor
the.................

Sponsored Links
Are you also going to include the power, frequency, mode and typical transmission time to this?

Also the average time a person will be near the device.

And the average proximity of person to device.

i think bluetooth is radio as well as wireless controllers for xbox and ps3

wireless mouse and keyboard

fluorescent lights emit radio noise (either 50hz or tens of thousand hz)

car remote central locking

Sponsored Links
Any electric spark, the spark will emit the full electromagnetic spectrum, including radio waves.

disinfo, no.

WDIK, thanks, interesting but not what mr and mrs average will be near.

any more ?

a microwave cooks food with radio waves.

whats the point in this anyway breezer? are you not just giving hypochondriacs more to worry about?

microwave cookes are not supposed to "leak" sop i cant count them either, but thankyou.

its for a list i am compiling.

I get fed up with people who say i dont want xyz because it emits harmful radio waves. I want the list in order to "get my own back" and say "oh, well what about the doorbell you have, the car ignition, blue tooth hand set, the games controllers your kids have, detector that opens the doors as you aproach, the alarm detector, the...............

I remember it being said back when....

folks in daventry close to the BBC tranmiters, being able to receive the world service on their washing machines :confused:

bit scarey.

tooth fillings are supposed to be prone too :rolleyes:

i have heard of the tooth fillings one, but the list needs to be for Mr and mrs average, like you and me, i dont live near there, and neither do you, but we both may have wireless broad band.

wireless BB is on the list, living near a bunch of powerful transmitters is not.

but thank you.

i have heard of the tooth fillings one, but the list needs to be for Mr and mrs average, like you and me, i dont live near there, and neither do you, but we both may have wireless broad band.

wireless BB is on the list, living near a bunch of powerful transmitters is not.

but thank you.

buts whats with the average family?

some years ago HT power lines were in the news as causing cancer where they went over housing estates :!:

Sponsored Links
Back