Raising the garage floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My garage leaked again today under the huge amount of rain we had, last summer I spent a lot of time trying to keep the rain out by water sealing everything, it seemed to work as we had plenty of down pours since.

Anyway the level was so high today that nothing sort of sealing the front is going to keep it out.

I would like to raise up the back half of the floor. This is I was thinking of doing.

A row of bricks half way down the garage, then from the bricks to the back wood beams like joists maybe a foot apart and finally some wood flooring over the top. Then add some kind of waterproofing to the front of the bricks to protect them if it does flood again.

Would this be ok ? Any better ideas would be welcome.

Many Thanks,

Marvin.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I already have one of those spanning the width of my driveway about 20cm infront of the garage door and it goes direct into the main drains.
Problem is that the drive is on a slope towards the house and the ridiculous amount of water we had today was just too much.
I also have a 1.5 inch lip across the entrance of the garage, the water level rose above this for a short time.
I'm sure there are further things I can do to keep it out but I think if I can stop everything getting wet inside first then I can just keep modifying the entrance until I get it right.

Marvin.

Sponsored Links
marvinwright said:
I already have one of those spanning the width of my driveway about 20cm infront of the garage door and it goes direct into the main drains.
Put a wider or a deeper one in :?:

or maybe clear the mud and gravel out of it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back