Random siren blast from bell box

Tamper is open on bell
The physical tamper on the bell box? A spring from memory? Is your theory that this is intermittently freeing up and causing the siren? Also, is this plausible even though the Bell wire was not connected?

or no supply or low supply voltage
Is the theory here that the supply voltage is dropping intermittently and does this then cause the siren to go off? Again, would this happen even when the Bell wire is not connected?
What voltage should I expect at the siren and can I measure this using my Fluke T130 as that has a voltage display on it?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Can someone please advise on the above? I am trying to understand the potential cause before I start digging further. Thanks again

No springs on Texecom bell boxes only microswitch I would remove one of the external bell boxes and wire one only correctly

Sponsored Links
It would make it easier if you answered the questions fully, it is really hard to help someone if the questions asked are not answered.

1. As the bell tamper is linked out in the panel you wouldn't see anything recorded in the event log.
Remove the link the bell tamper shows and the panel responds accordingly (unless programmed to be ignored).

2. The bell trigger wire does not have to be connected for the bell to fire, a tamper or loss of power to the bell could also trigger the bell. (loss of power could generate a tamper).

I seriously would confirm what you have wrt to things connected to the bell circuit of the panel and what settings they are on. (power requirement (Not interested that you believe its been fine for 4 years)).

There are other places we can take power from if needed.
However if we know that the power consumption isn't going to be an issue we can look at the next thing and so on. I wouldn't be powering so many devices from the bell circuit, because even if they were okay in standby its unlikely that they would be okay in alarm unless on SCB and that would make the sirens sound quieter.

Think we have covered on here before about how much bells draw including those with back lights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back