Rangemaster 90 grill door locked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The grill door on our Rangemaster 90 is locked. Any suggestions on how to unlock it.

Sponsored Links
If it's anything like my Toledo, which looks very similar to the 90 from the outside, the grill door has no lock, but it's held shut by an internal closing spring beside the left-hand hinge. Access appears tricky if that door is stuck shut, and I can't think of any simple solution. Let's hope that someone else has some ideas.

I can only think (always assuming there's not a lock on yours) that the spring may have broken or become dislocated. It might be worth squirting some WD40 down the left-hand crack and very gently attempting to lever it open using something non-metallic - a plastic or wood kitchen stirring spoon for instance - but being very gentle and careful not to chip the enamel, cause other damage or get a bit of the tool broken and stuck. Once it's open, the problem is straightforward as all the access screws are there.

Have you tried calling Rangemaster for advice, or even your local dealer if they offer repair facilities?

Pull like mad !

It's the only way. The two rollers on the keep have melted on to the catch, deformed and siezed. You can only take off the grill door panel with the grill open.

It will pull off .......and you'll need a new keep.

Usually this is caused by the grill door been closed when tge grills on ( I fix them under warranty ).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back