Rate your DIY skills

Sponsored Links
A few years ago mine was 9 (10+8) / 2

But now it is more like 5 or lower.

Modern technology's motto is " I have a new solution, so please create a problem for it "
The 21st Century Motto is do not bother fixing anything..buy a new 1.

A few years ago mine was 9 (10+8) / 2

But now it is more like 5 or lower.

Modern technology's motto is " I have a new solution, so please create a problem for it "

Yeah it's a good point i.e. skills lessening as we age. You still have the knowledge but practical application becomes more difficult. I remember when I was a teenager and one of my uncles was showing me his newly tiled kitchen and papered living room. He'd always been very good at this stuff and, whilst the work was still good, you could see little bits here and there where his usual quality had slipped slightly :(

Yeah, pity really. Was just supposed to be a bit of fun and got hijacked by the maths police :( thanks boys ...
There's always room for pedantry.

I'm going with a (6+6)/2 = 6.

Ambitious, sometimes good, occasionally deeply flawed.

Sponsored Links
And yet you do the maths correctly...........(y)
I wouldn't have bothered but since the other pedants are circling I didn't want to add more chum to the water.

I was tempted to go for 5.5 and round myself down, but Maths trolling is a step too far imo.

There's always room for pedantry.
I think it depends. I suspect some on here would fall into this bracket:

(mates having a chat in the pub)
Mate A: Yeah I took the A645 to come home last night.
Mate B: Where were you traveling from again?
Mate A: Townsville.
Mate B: What you actually did was take the A645, merged onto the A644 for 2.38 miles, then merged back onto the A645.
Mate A: (already half way out the door.)

I'd reckon an 8, and can turn my hand to almost anything reasonably well given advice I've gleened over the years...
I'd reckon that is more to do with your inflated ego .Reality is you cannot knock a nail in..

Sponsored Links
Back