Rating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother thought she could spell gas and now wants to do away with her gas cooker and replace it with an electric one.

There is no electrical point in the kitchen for an electric cooker. I have arranged for an electrician to come and run a cable from the CU to the kitchen on Wednesday.

He just phoned me to say he is now coming tomorrow to do the wiring and wants to know the cookers rating. The cooker does not arrive until Tuesday and the paperwork from Argos and their catalogue does not give any details.

I have tried to find this info on line but the best I can come up with (makes no sense to me) is:

Beko D533
Main cavity 1.9 kw
Top cavity 2.0 kw variable
Hob 1.0 kw 1.5 kw 2.0 kw 1.5 kw

What do I tell my electrician? I assume he needs to know this for a good reason.

Sponsored Links
the total load is 8.9kW from that info, he needs this as it could influence how he provides the new circuit.

Thought she could smell gas, so shes chucking her perfectly good gas cooker on the scrap heap? :confused:

Gas cookers very rarely go wrong, its usually the ignition that fails. If shes woried, tell her to get it checked out by a gas safe man.

Electric cookers DO go wrong, especially cheap brands like Beko.

She will hate her new cooker. The electric rings will take an eternity to heat up compared to the gas ones. And it'll cost her more money to run.

Sponsored Links
My mother thought she could spell gas and now wants to do away with her gas cooker and replace it with an electric one.

My grandmother had a similar scare when she thought she'd left the gas to one of the rings turned on. I just fitted a natural gas alarm in the kitchen for her.

images

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back