Ravenheat Boilers

Slugbabydotcom is probably forging them anyway.
It is illegal to impersonate a corgi engineer.
The regs state that an inspection is done every year by a competent person. I was corgi from 1997 to 2002 between then and 2004 when I re- registered I did do a few inspections here and there but by not using my expired number I did not in my view break the law.
Was I magically bereft of competence between 2002 and 2004? I would say not, others may say different. Debate it and do whatever but thats how it was.

Sponsored Links
Rupert will be coming along soon to tell you naughty boys to behave.

You have been warned :LOL:

Sponsored Links
quote, water systems.The same as any Corgi. By the craft skills. Duh!(what is your craft skill that entitles you to gas competency in the eyes of the law)

You can't get your minds around this simple point. A competent person can do gas work as long as there is no payment.[/quote. i can now save money by cancelling my corgi . all i now need to do is charge for everything on a job that is not gas related and then do the gas related work for free.:cool:

A very valid point. Now that certainly would open a can of worms! So when a person is stood in the dock on trial, his argument would solely be that he recieved no payment for the work he carried out. Case dismissed? :confused:

Re: manufacturers warranty and the law. The law is the sale of goods act which doesn't discriminate (Corgi/non Corgi) but it only exists between buyer and seller. Manufacturers warranty, offered to end users/installers, is entirely separate as no contract of sale exists between the parties. That is with the merchant. The only obligation under this is that the manufacturer fulfills what is specified therein, hence their clauses. You will find at the end of the guarantee text appear the words "does not affect statutory rights etc" and of course issues relating to product liability ie: injury to persons/property damage/fit for purpose issues are dealt with separate to any breakdown guarantees. The law as described, The sale of goods act would only exist between user and maker if goods were purchased directly from the maker.

Water Systems said:
I have given the details in this thread. Can't you read?

Yes we can read. You'll have to try it sometime.
What you keep ejaculating is your opinion, your irrelevant interpretation, not what the law says. Go have a look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back