Ravenheat Boilers

W

Water Systems

I have never bothered with these boilers because of the poor quality. They appear to have improved and now have 5 yr guarantees and one boiler I believe has a Vailant heat exchanger fitted.

Is that so? Anyone confirm about the Vaillant heat X?

Sponsored Links
Many manufacturers, including Vaillant, use the Giannoni burner/heat exchanger in their boilers. Thats makes little difference to reliability. Vaillant now use another ( cheaper ) one!

Since you are retired and not CORGI registered then boilers should not be of significant interest to you!

Extended boiler guarantees are just a feature you have to pay for. One hiodden disadvantage for the owner ( and you ) is that they must have a proper service every year by a CORGI ( like me!!! ).

Tony

Agile said:
Many manufacturers, including Vaillant, use the Giannoni burner/heat exchanger in their boilers. Thats makes little difference to reliability. Vaillant now use another ( cheaper ) one!

Since you are retired

I am. That is new to me.

and not CORGI registered then boilers should not be of significant interest to you!

What the **** has corgi to do with this. You have been told to stop promoting that self interest group,. You are just a service man (thermocouple changer) and have no idea of heating installations.

One hiodden disadvantage for the owner ( and you ) is that they must have a proper service every year by a CORGI ( like me!!! ).
Tony

Er no. A DIYer can service his own boiler if he is competent. The Glow Worm instructions don't even mention Corgi in their guarantees.

I wouldn't let you near my boiler. Anyone who prattles such garbage, knowing nothing of installations, can't be good at his job. Dangerous as well.

Water Systems said:
I have never bothered with these boilers because of the poor quality. They appear to have improved and now have 5 yr guarantees and one boiler I believe has a Vailant heat exchanger fitted.

Is that so? Anyone confirm about the Vaillant heat X?

I was told that they were riello pre mix burners. You will often see that a lot of firms are part of the riello group of companies.
This leaves the possibilty nay probability that giannoni are also part of the riello group of companies.
Until someone can unravel it for me I think it is all a ploy to avoid the monopolies commission and that all these firms are peeing in the same Riello pot.

Looks as though Tony is right about the HE's as well. Doesnt THIS look familiar. I was playing with one the other day in a Baxi Platinum 33HE

Sponsored Links
Ravenheat's Guarantee is advertised as 3 years, not 5, and only applies to those boilers correctly installed and commissioned by a Corgi Registered person, and serviced by a Qualified person.
So maulers off, Water Systems, you don't qualify. Having an inflated ego will not help you.

Heat exchangers do not feature much in terms of early-years relliablility. The significant exception is the Ideal Response which frequently fails, terminally to the boiler, within 5 years. Coincidentally this is a boiler much praised by Water Systems.

ChrisR said:
Ravenheat's Guarantee is advertised as 3 years, not 5, and only applies to those boilers correctly installed and commissioned by a Corgi Registered person, and serviced by a Qualified person.
So maulers off, Water Systems, you don't qualify. Having an inflated ego will not help you.

They can't oberride the law. If a competent person fits the boiler and system they have to honour the guarantee. They acn't speciy that only a self interest group fits it.

Heat exchangers do not feature much in terms of early-years relliablility. The significant exception is the Ideal Response which frequently fails, terminally to the boiler, within 5 years. Coincidentally this is a boiler much praised by Water Systems.

He does? It is simple and the only non-condensing boiler I know of with a pre-mix burner.

They can't oberride the law. If a competent person fits the boiler and system they have to honour the guarantee. They acn't speciy that only a self interest group fits it

from a ravenheat manual..'It is law that all gas appliances and installed and serviced by a Corgi registered installer'

and ideal responses..hahaha
[/quote]

Someone who can't read the Ravenheat web site, and can't read the mistakes in his own posts, isn't competent to do anything much. Including reading the installation instructions.

Guarantees go beyond the law. If Ravenheat want to make theirs subject to conditions, they can.

rob884 said:
They can't oberride the law. If a competent person fits the boiler and system they have to honour the guarantee. They acn't speciy that only a self interest group fits it

from a ravenheat manual..'It is law that all gas appliances and installed and serviced by a Corgi registered installer'

and ideal responses..hahaha
[/quote]

And you believe that? What a pillock! It is the law that matters.

ChrisR said:
Someone who can't read the Ravenheat web site, and can't read the mistakes in his own posts, isn't competent to do anything much. Including reading the installation instructions.

Guarantees go beyond the law. If Ravenheat want to make theirs subject to conditions, they can.

They can't. You can't sign your rights away. The law is the law and they must go by it. If a non-Corgi DIYer does a competent job they have to honour the guarantee. In fact a 1 yr guarantee is worthless as if something goes kaput on month 13 a court would make them pay up. Depending on what went wrong even after 5 years.

Most companies get away with murder in the shoddy goods they produce.

Water Systems... Why not try it out. Fit your own Ravenheat boiler, never register it with corgi and fill in the Benchmark yourself, wait for it to conk out (it will :LOL: )

Then ring them and ask them to repair it under warranty.

If they do...then you are the winner :LOL:

If not...then you are the loser :(

Let us know how you get on.

Water Systems said:
Most companies get away with murder in the shoddy goods they produce.

as much as i hate to admit it but you have a good point there

scatmanjohn said:
Water Systems... Why not try it out. Fit your own Ravenheat boiler, never register it with corgi and fill in the Benchmark yourself, wait for it to conk out (it will :LOL: )

Then ring them and ask them to repair it under warranty.

If they do...then you are the winner :LOL:

If not...then you are the loser :(

Let us know how you get on.

If they do not a letter of trading standards will put them right. If they still do not then a legal and court job and they will lose, as the law is quite clear on this.

You will find that they will repair it.

If the guarantee asks for a Corgi number, it is best to send the guarantee in and sate on the form the law, and copy it.

The law is the law, they have to repair it. They have to go by the law. It is legal for a competent DIYer to fit a boiler. They can't discriminate. What they are saying is akin to not honouring a guarantee because the fitter was black.

If the boiler was fitted by a non-corgi for money (the local odd jobber) then they can refuse to honour a guarantee, as it was fitted outside of the law.

Who decides who is competent? IMO anyone hanging one of those on their wall is as far from competent as you can possibly get. Manufacturers would love it as a get out clause for rescinding your guarantee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back