ravenheat flu flashing kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am new to this sit.
I fitted a Ravenheat combi boiler earlier this yr and it has been working fine, the other day water came in around the vertical flu flashing and into boiler, sent pic of flashing and flu to b&q thats where i got it from and they said it looks like flashing has been fitted incorrecteley. i fitted flashing with the large fixed black plastic lump to the front as it seemed the obvious way, anyone had any expeirance of these flashing kits???
smudge

Sponsored Links
Are you aware of the Gas Act and the regulatory body for competent gas installers?

I'll assume that you fitted it before April 1 this year.
I am not familiar with these flashing kits but when you stated
fitted flashing with the large fixed black plastic lump to the front as it seemed the obvious way
you implied that either there was no instructions or if there was you didn't follow them! So leaving aside the not being 'competent' aspects of the installation may I suggest that you contact Ravenheat and acquire some instructions :)

Thanks Slug, flu fitting was simple, flashing seemed obvious but we had water in when we had some heavy rain, no instructions with it, they must think it was idiot proof, i may have fooled them though!!
Was fitted b4 April was that the cut off point for works in progress?
regards Smudger

Sponsored Links
Thanks for info.
I had a look at flashing kit in B&Q AND THERE ARE NO BITS MISSING AND NO INSTRUCTIONS EITHER.
Will get in touch with Raven.
All this heating work was finished before April do i still have to have it inspected? :oops: THE GAS WAS CONNECTED BY A CORGI ENGINEER/ PLUMBER.

You could be breaking the law, you could be endangering lives and you could have enforcement action taken out against you.

Notice the recurrence of the word 'could' here?

The could occurs when something goes wrong. If the boiler doesn't go wrong after it was fitted theres no problem; is what it says between the lines. Where they are coming from is that when you DIY you are taking that risk

Since April 1st all boilers fitted must be condensing and registered with building control or through corgi if fitted by a corgi installer

For the purpose of sticking to the post topic, I'll assume that the installation is safe from a gas safety point of view [unless you can post a pic to prove otherwise] and the issue is simply that theres a leak. We then come down to the sale of goods act whereby everything which is sold must be fit for its purpose. If it has no instructions how can you be held responsible for its correct fitting?

Although your predicament should be sorted by taking the flue back to B&Q and saying that you would like a replacement as there were no instruction My advice of going to ravenheat still stands as they are aware that their boilers are frequently fitted on a DIY basis. I have found that in the interests of maintaining their lucrative arrangement with B&Q they are usually most helpful. I have also found that going through B&Q to sort this out can be a time consuming and laborious task as it seems you have already discovered.

Thanks for reply, boiler fitted was feb/march so that bit is ok, gas was connected by CORGI engineer and fired up by same, i have been in touch with Ravenheat am awaiting reply. Thank's all again.
Smudger :)

Fitting of boiler, flue and gas pipework, Corgi only.

Then you need to find someone daft enough or desperate to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back