Rayburn nouvelle oil central heating problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

Cooker works fine, central heating has worked intermittently but now wont light and keeps going to lockout mode. All fired up yesterday from stone cold (including cooker) ran for a bit and then locked out. Contoller is Salus EP200 with a Salus RT100 thermostat. Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Im sure that wouldn't do it any harm. It was second hand and serviced and set up when installed last year along with brand new pipework and rads. We got through last winter but it has never been 100% successful. I dont know too much about any of this but I am tending to suspect it is issues with the plumbing or external control systems rather than the actual rayburn unit. Any recommendations for suitable oil c/h engineer in shropshire area please?

I would think that the external controls are the last problem with this unit. They require at least an annual service as they are prone to sooting up.
I suggest you contact Rayburn for a recommended technician. Many independents will not touch one of these.

Sponsored Links
I look after a similar device for my sins :eek:
Although the burners are set up exactly to spec I'd recommend the flue ways be cleaned every 9 months.....some of the baffles are sods to shift if they are stuck in with sulphur or whatever.
John :)

I look after about 20of these up on the isles I service them every 8 months and they're running
fine with the odd breakdown here and there.Keep em clean and they behave.Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back