rcd for shower regs

Sponsored Links
Although it is considered good practice to put an electric shower on an RCD, a shower does not have to be on an RCD unless the manufacturer states it does or for some other reason such as a TT supply.

It is not a requirement (TT excepted) but most of us fell hapier if we do it

not a requirement, by the book.
but it's really a no-brainer. What self respecting spark wires in a new shower curcuit and doesn't put an RCD in.

Sponsored Links
i see , im sure i read it the regs somewhere, well it happened on a day i was not thinking i have offered to rectify the situation for free but the customer does seem to repond, one bummer that i have had in my electric carreer so far. thanks for the replies!!

well the regs are a bit vauge (as usual)

any equipment in that zone has to be on a rcd unless its in a certain list of exceptions that list includes "water heaters" and "shower pumps"

so if you consider an electric shower a type of water heater (as it seems most do) then its allowed to have it on non-rcd. Still considered bad practice though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back