Re: Kitchen unit lights, for ericmark

Sponsored Links
So what is the point of the thread?
Seemingly a wish on his part to be locked out of as many threads as possible!
Not at all - I have no wish to be locked out of any threads - it is Mods who want to do that.

As for this:

upload_2018-5-22_19-26-10.png

I didn't abuse anybody.

I used a term which means a person regarded as stupid or obnoxious. A term which you will find in several hundred posts on this site, and in a sentence which was not in reply to, or quoting, or mentioning, any particular person.

Sponsored Links
When I found the original post, my thoughts were if you want to use what you already have then buy the parts that allow you to do that. If I want to pedal a two wheeled vehicle I buy a bike not a scooter.

Using a cheap kit can on times work out well, you can replace the wall mart integrated plug and voltage dropper for one where the plug and voltage dropper are independent, however since no voltage was given this was hard to advise on.

A google for 3 down lights kit did find the picture. So now I know it was a "Power Adapter (output 12V, 0.7A with ON/OFF button)" so to replace would need one of these plus a switch so that adds £5.88 to the original £15.99 the GX53
surface_mount_gx53_led_32509_zoom_2.jpg
costs around £19.95 each so there is a saving converting a kit.

However having had a 5 foot LED tube fail after just 2 years when 18 months of that time the house was not occupied I would much prefer a light which when it fails I can simply remove the bayonet lamp and replace rather than have to replace the whole lamp.

Had the original post linked to the advert I am sure they would have got this advise. However we were not given the information required without doing google hunts for the picture.

However the start of a new thread is not helpful, as I had not a clue what a Don03 was.

If the word is idiot, it's ban 194, secure 15.

If the word begins tw, it's once for me.

If the word begins cu, I have not been able to find any examples.

However the start of a new thread is not helpful...
Indeed not, other than to BAS. By virtue of his own actions, he was left with no other option if he wished to 'contribute' further to the discussion.

Kind Regards, John

If the word is idiot, it's ban 194, secure 15.
... I also suspect that if one takes context into account, the figures are probably even more in your favour.

As a search would show, I certainly sometimes use the word "idiot" in posts, but usually in a general/hypothetical context (e.g. "only an idiot would dream of doing XYZ"). However, I think you would struggle to find instances of my having explicitly accused (and probably rarely, if ever, even implicitly accused) a particular forum member of being an idiot. I suspect that the same may well be true of you.

Kind Regards, John

On my search, I only found 1.
Please enlighten me!
What is the point?

What is the point?
The point is that it is a word which you and many other people use, and have used on this forum.

I did not say directly to anybody "you are a t**t".

I did not say indirectly that anybody was a t**t.

The point is that the moderator who wrote "abuse removed" and used it as a justification for locking me out of the topic was being disingenuous and unjustified.

So no, John, I was not locked out "by virtue of my own actions", I was locked out by virtue of mendacious "moderation".

Lovely.

Now they've added this:

upload_2018-5-24_16-28-19.png

which could easily lead people to think that I posted, or was involved with, "three abusive and argumentative posts on the same day".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back