re-remote on bmw 3 series

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys my remote on key fob is not working, don,t think it,s battery, because the second one aint either, although they are 11 years old.
Second one, never used, but charged occassionally. Any hints. Does central locking with the key, which works ok, activate the immobilisor? The alarm isn,t activated, as light isn,t flashing, or are they together ? It just stopped after being on a run, wouldn,t lock

Sponsored Links
Immobiliser should trigger after key removal from ignition, alarm probably on locking.
Try this for reprogramming the keys, this is for the rechargable type if thats what you have.

1.Unlock car
2.get in and close drivers door
3.switch ignition on and off
4.remove key
5.press and hold unlock button
6.press lock button briefly 3 times within 10 seconds keeping unlock button depressed
7.release unlock button
8.central locking should operate rapidly to indicate correct programming
9.try to repeat procedure again if does not respond

A maximum of 4 keys can be programmed, carry out the programming procedure for each key within 30 seconds

Immobiliser should trigger after key removal from ignition, alarm probably on locking.
Try this for reprogramming the keys, this is for the rechargable type if thats what you have.

1.Unlock car
2.get in and close drivers door
3.switch ignition on and off
4.remove key
5.press and hold unlock button
6.press lock button briefly 3 times within 10 seconds keeping unlock button depressed
7.release unlock button
8.central locking should operate rapidly to indicate correct programming
9.try to repeat procedure again if does not respond

A maximum of 4 keys can be programmed, carry out the programming procedure for each key within 30 seconds
Hi ch, am I correct in assuming that you assume the keys have become un-programmed, Sorry if it,s a daft question.What would be the cause of that ?
I looked at you tube "how to change battery" hell of a game;but for 2 to stop at same time, indicates something else. I will do as you say when OH returns with it.shopping.Thanks for reply.They are the rechargable ones that charge in ignition, that,s why OH is driving it with spare key to see if that wanted re-charging, been idle for 8 months at least.

Sponsored Links
Back