Help re-programming Seat key fob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me some advice on how I can re-programme a Seat key fob? I recenly changed the batteries in the fob and now the remote central locking doesn't work. I've read a few posts on how this is done on Fords but I was wondering if anyone knew what he procedure is for Seats

I'm guessing it might be similar to VW cars?

The fob is a 2 button one (lock and unlock) and there is no alarm.

Sponsored Links
Do you have the key with no buttons on it too? Need it to reprogram otherwise its a trip to the dealers unfortunately.

I do have it somewhere, yeah. Can you tell me what the procedure is?

what model and year of seat????

take it you just need to re-sync to the central locking.

Sponsored Links
Try this.............. the whole procedure needs doing within 30 seconds

Turn on ignition with key without buttons
manually lock drivers door
press and hold unloclk button on key
manually unlock and lock drivers door
release unlock button on key
turn off ignition and remove key

should now work. If not, then a trip to VAG to get it reprogrammed

Thanks neo. I'll try that once I get the other key.

davieboy it's a X reg Seat Ibiza. Do you have any hints?

put key in ignition.
turn on for 5 secs max
take key out
press and hold one button on key.
press other button 3 times in succession within 10 secs.
release held button.
led on key should flash 5 times
central locking either locks or locks/unlocks to confirm programming.
exit programming mode by turning on ignition.

i can code to the immobiliser with VAGcom but you still have to sinc the key with the alarm/locks manually. even with a brand new key.

best of luck and let me know how you get on

dave

davieboy said:
put key in ignition.
turn on for 5 secs max
take key out
release held button.

i can code to the immobiliser with VAGcom but you still have to sinc the key with the alarm/locks manually. even with a brand new key.

dave

hi dave,

I did as you suggested: ignition on 3 secs, then off, held one button, pressed the other one 3 times and the LED does indeed blink 5 times like you said.

However the central locking did not activate after that and basically nothing happened.

I will try again tomorrow but is there anything else you can think of?

I also now have the second key with me so I'll try neo's 2 key method as well.*

cheers

*EDIT: I tried the 2-key method and that didn't work.

Londoner - can you tell me how you got at the battery. Son cannot figure it out, Halfords sell the battery but won't tell him how to get the fob apart to change it!

might of been better starting a new thread rather then replying to a post thats 2 years old,

there should be a little hole in the middle of the fob insert a small balded object and GENTLY lever it apart,BE VERY CAREFUL when you do this because there every chance the immobilizer chip will fall out AND if you lose this you wont be able to start your car.do you not have a independent car/parts supplier near you who will do this for you?.

hi sagalout

Which seat and year is it tellme and i can look on autodata for the battery replacement

dave

gregers";p="966027 said:
might of been better starting a new thread rather then replying to a post thats 2 years old,quote]

Blimey gregers you're right! Did a general engine search and it popped up with this thread - didn't even notice how OLD it was. Here lies the 'key' so to speak, one look at my name will tell you this thread isn't the only thing that's a bit on the 'old' side :D :D Add in the word 'female' coupled with the whole 'car' thing and of course we might end up with something that looks a bit daft :oops:

davyb26 - silly me, should have known that info would make a difference, will ask son asap. Thanks for taking the time to respond. :D

put key in ignition.
turn on for 5 secs max
take key out
release held button.

dave

For the benefit of any others who stumble accross this forum topic like I did this actually worked for me. I have a SEAT Ibiza SXE 96 complete with the original owners manual which has a completely different procedure that does not work! I spent ages trying to resync my car and finally gave up only to yesterday try one last time while I was fixing some other bits. I finally have my remote locking back afters months of it not working. I certainly won't make the mistake of putting the batteries in round the wrong way again which is what cocked it up in the first place. Many thanks davieboy!

Hi - I have stumbled across this thread searching for a solution to fix my keyfob not working with the remote central locking.

I have a Seat Alhambra.

I followed Davieboys (clear - thanks) instructions -

put key in ignition.
turn on for 5 secs max
take key out
release held button.

> all good

central locking either locks or locks/unlocks to confirm programming

> but had no joy here.

Does anyone have any suggestions perhaps ?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Back