Recent Electircal Work Questions

Not sure if I follow whether a new CU is required or not here.........

As far as MK1 goes he will be putting all kitchen sockets on a ring circuit. The separate ring circuit did not exist previously, but sockets were previously contained within the main house ring, so are simply being isolated on their own circuit utilising a spare way in the existing CU on a 32A mcb......as should have been the case from the outset.

IF a new CU is required MK2 can do this at a later date, once MK1's mess is cleared up.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if I follow whether a new CU is required or not here.........
That's hardly surprising - as you'll have seen, there are two electricians disagreeing, and I'm sort-of sitting on the fence! It would be nice to hear a few more views!

I think you'll probably find other people on both side of the fence. If that's true, it's a good indication that it's not a crucial, or clear-cut 'right and wrong', issue. In the final analysis, the electrician who does the work has to be happy that what he's done (and 'signed for') is compliant, even if some others may disagree.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back