Recommend a 24kw Combi

Status
Not open for further replies.
But walk-in showers are becoming a big selling point,
Try getting a muddy / grubby toddler clean in a shower. A bath ( or large kitchen sink ) is essential.

especially those with no tray and the floor all as one.
Standard wet room

I could not have one of those in being a flat.
Can be done. and being a flat probably explains you need to have a combi

My bath room has a "wet room" corner for the shower and a bath for the relaxation time ( and washing grand children )

The shower "tray" ( 80 cm by 80 cm ) its surround ( 100 cm by 120 cm ) and one wall are a DIY fabrication using ABS sheet. the tray and the surround and is sunk into the new oak floor that is suspended 7 cm above the ancient oak floor.

bath_shower_a2.jpg
Taken before the final decoration was completed

Sponsored Links
View attachment 139254
Taken before the final decoration was completed
Bernard, I found it better to sit the toddler in the shower and hose down than dump them in a bath.
I have a combi because it is the best way of doing it. I would have a combi in a house as well. When I had the house I took a cylinder out and installed a combi in the loft with two 22mm pipes running around the airing cupboard for heat there. I had a bathroom and en-suit shower. Worked liked the tops.

A cylinder would take up much space in my flat, either in the bathroom or kitchen and also run out of hot water after a while. I do it the best way. No need to fit needless space consuming equipment.

Nah Bernard, copy my bathroom, it is far better. I do like your floor level shower though - but better with glass screens. :)

Last edited:
I have a combi because it is the best way of doing it.
you seem to struggle to separate scientific fact from personal opinion, personal preference, hearsay, and exaggeration. Not essential if you're a salesperson, but when discussing the best boiler (for someone else), generally it's best to think about their needs.

Sponsored Links
John D, will you please enlighten us with your scientific fact?
Ad hom attacks of course, means you lost it. I strongly advise you to take heed of what I write, instead of making a fool of yourself.

You have added nothing to this thread at all. Then ad-hom attacks. The usual ploy with the in gang on here. Insult hoping for a response hoping to get the thread closed. How strange.

Last edited:
Fact is cylinder has different benefits to Combi. Some benefits are valuable to different people. InI'm n going to enumerate the benefits of each again as they've been covered.

I know full well the advantages of cylinders and combis. That is plainly obvious.
John D, go back and read the thread from the beginning. It will be a lot clearer for you then. I couldn't care if you make money fitting in unnecessary equipment - vested interest.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I have to disagree. If the size of the house can handle 2 bathrooms with one being an en-suite and then created specifically as a wet room or walk in shower then yes, they are a great selling point but if the house is a normal size with one standard bathroom then they are definitely not a selling point, in fact I go as far to say they are a negative in a normal 1 bathroom house, apart from young couples who may like the idea.

Your experience is obviously good for you and you have it the way you like it but as someone that does this for a living and that does a large amount of work for property owners/landlords who are primarily doing refurbs for selling on it isn't what is being seen in the market at the moment. In fact there is a huge upsurge in stand alone baths and open plan bedrooms with bath/basin areas at the moment sepcially amongst younger couples.

All the trays I have fitted within the last 2 years have been 1600mm+ , the larger trays have been the tray's of choice for the last few years but rarely in a primary bathroom, in fact only 1 of many who are now changing back, they are more so placed into a secondary en-suite.

======

Apologies @RobTi for this getting away from your original post around recommending a 24KW combi, I will avoid dragging this out any further. Hope you got the info you require (y)

Madrab,
Where do you live? Where I live that is not the case at all. I live near the centre of London and believe me a walk-in shower room sells. People are ripping baths out.

Last edited:
Bernard and John D, my bathroom with a walk-in shower replacing a bath with shower over. Have one of these and the place will sell. New homes with these sell. Baths are passe. All fed from a combi and brilliantly.
View attachment 139244

View attachment 139245

View attachment 139246
There are pros and cons of a bath with or without shower over, and walk-in showers/wet-rooms, but what has this to do with the discussion combi vs system boiler?
I have a system boiler, F/E tank and HW cylinder. Bath with shower over (1st floor) gravity fed but I get a perfectly acceptable shower. I could rip the bath out and install a walk-in shower and it would still work OK.

Incidentally I have friends with a combi, which once failed part way through a shower, so got a bit of a shock and had to rinse off in cold water, so it can happen. If improved controls stop everything if hot or cold fail, avoids the shock but still need to rinse.

There are pros and cons of a bath with or without shower over, and walk-in showers/wet-rooms, but what has this to do with the discussion combi vs system boiler?
I have a system boiler, F/E tank and HW cylinder. Bath with shower over (1st floor) gravity fed but I get a perfectly acceptable shower. I could rip the bath out and install a walk-in shower and it would still work OK.

Incidentally I have friends with a combi, which once failed part way through a shower, so got a bit of a shock and had to rinse off in cold water, so it can happen. If improved controls stop everything if hot or cold fail, avoids the shock but still need to rinse.
So all combis are not worth it because one failed once? Wow!

So all combis are not worth it because one failed once? Wow!
Sarcasm doesn't help the discussion. I didn't say all combis are useless, I just gave an example of something going wrong. I've never heard of it happening with a HW cylinder.
How about my first paragraph?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back