Recommend a place to buy furniture (London)?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Not strictly DIY related, but does anyone have any recommended places to buy good quality, reasonably priced furniture BESIDES Ikea?!

I'm looking for a showroom type store where you can see/touch the items rather than an online store.

A bed, a leather sofa and a dining room set are the specific things I'm after.

I appreciate the good value of Ikea but I'd like to see something 'a step above' that level of price. The thing is, I'm finding that as soon as you venture out of Ikea/MFI territory the prices shoot up to roughly double.

Isn't there anything between the cheap and cheerful superstores and the top-end, bank busting boutiques? Where is the middle ground.

PS I've also checked out John Lewis which isn't bad. Something of that order but perhaps a notch cheaper would be great.

Sponsored Links
Land of Leather do some good deals on lounge related furniture. Not the greatest on the market, but you get what you pay for.

Sponsored Links
Diyisfun
You must be very lucky I have heard loads of nightmare stories about this lot ,
taking ages to deliever ,
wrong suite turns up or marked ,
the repayments being taken on wrong days or too much /customer services not interested ....
all smiles in showroom an bending over backwards but once THAt ALWAYs ON SALE credit agreement ...has been signed youre SCUM to them ...lol

Moz..They did not process my order as instructed, full of apolgises, they then gave me a loan suit & delivered the new one as promised. So I speak as I find.
I also built a new kitchen using MFI, good stuff, good service, maybe you were just unlucky.

Diyisfun
I didnt/dont use them ....!!
My lass dont like those suites ..we went to a nice place with a bit of style in Manc town centre ...can't remember the name starts with a H .....lol
its just what I hear in the pubs an clubs ,never heard anyone who has had a straight 1st Class service , with no hassle ...

Londoner said:
good quality, reasonably priced furniture BESIDES Ikea[/quote

Never thought I would see quality in the same sentence as IKEA

Ventured into the world of Ikea several months back and bought some cheap "occasional" tables

When screwing the legs into the top, the paper thin veneer was coming off in my hands

:( :( :(

"some cheap "occasional" tables " :) :)

swelec
I didnt want to slag off Ikea here as Im sure some of the moody members here are ardent fans of that swedish cheap tat place ..lol

moz

the wife wanted to go back there recently

told her I would rather cut off my tentacles with a rusty razor blade

it really is my idea of hell

Sponsored Links
Back