Recommend new panel please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a very old alrm system. Keypad has stopped functioning properly even after cleaning.

Can someone please recommend a new panel and keypad, would like to keep the existing wiring and sensors. Would be great if the new panel and keypad could be connected to the internet to monitor remotely. Thanks

Sponsored Links
20211213_132915.jpg
20211213_132839.jpg

Attachments

• 20211213_132752.jpg
    20211213_132752.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 71
You can swap for a Galaxy Flex FX20. The medium case size will be ok. Any MK7 or MK8 Galaxy keypad will work, with the MK7 usually selling a bit cheaper on eBay. The older Galaxy G2-12/G2-20/G2-44 will also be okay, but that range is quite old now.

Thanks for the reply. Any recommendations for something with smart features. Thanks

Sponsored Links
The Flex supports app, self monitoring and home automation. Capabilities depends on modules you add.

That's the panel and non-prox keypad which can be used as a direct replacement of what you have. The following add-on boards provide additional functionality:

A083-00-10 V4.14 - Ethernet module for app control
A073-00-01 - RF portal to support RF sensors and RF remotes / PA buttons
A081-00-01 - GSM module to support secondary GPRS reporting path or for direct GSM based SMS reporting
CP051 MK8 Keyprox Keypad - includes prox reader for user prox tags
CP038 MK7 Keyprox Keypad - includes prox reader for user prox tags

SelfMon VMOD - provides MQTT link to home assistant

It's too 'toy town'. I think many people looking at some 'sit on shelf' and ESP32 based alarm replacements don't realise everything that goes on inside a compliant system. I develop systems and know myself that it would be easy to pop in a raspberry pi to replace the panel PCB, but the panel PCB and firmware is doing much, much more. One example is the power supply backup which is monitored and the battery is load tested regularly to ensure that it will hold up for the required time should a blackout occur. If you look at the konnected battery backup solution, you will see that you get none of that. You will have no idea if your battery is good or bad over time unless you manually pull the mains adapter from the wall regularly.

One other thing to consider is the requirement of the 'cloud system'. Can the system be configured and run autonomously from the cloud? If the company disappeared, would you need to replace the system? One of the big considerations of those using home assistant is that of stand-alone operation without any reliance on the remote network and services.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back