Recurrent Carpet Beetles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had carpet beetles last summer after moving in. We put some treatment down but got the odd one or two afterwards. They disappeared after summer and now have made a come back. As we have an old dormer it may be difficult to seal every crevice they could enter the property via. Anyone had a reoccurring problem with them? If so what did you do?

Sponsored Links
What sort of vacuum cleaner do you use, and how often?

What was the insecticide you used?

I read that many different home invaders are finding invasion easier, for various reasons.
Ref insecticides, do you have any pets?

Consider buying a steamer, nothing much can stand being boiled. You can get them from about £30. You'll need crevice tools some don't have. The bugs are bound to be in nooks and crannies, under furniture etc. Some are higher power, but boiling is boiling so it's just a question of speed. A wallpaper stripper is inelegant but high power.
Random pic - looks ideal
upload_2022-5-15_19-25-53.png

Powder around edges where the eggs might be

and smoke bombs to kill anything in the air - although I have a nasty feeling they may be banned now

Sponsored Links
You can get a lot more stuff if you declare on a pro supplier's site that you are a pro. There's one down near the south coast. I went round some of these loops helping a friend with bed bugs right n the middle of lockdown.

Back