Redoing the garden

Sponsored Links
I started the wall but I ran out of bricks and can't get the until monday so I will start laying the slabs tomorrow.

Here is how it looks at the moment.

Sponsored Links
looking great! so much better than decking.

Thanks.

The garden is long and doesn't look nothing like it did in this pic.

So I will be doing the garden up to them pink flags but I have been thinking about artificial grass and using the half paving circles slabs with lights at the bottom and maybe near the tree too.

I don't know if you noticed the old tatty table a benches in the other pics I posted but they were nearly falling to bits so I thought I would give them a new lease of life. It took quite some time to do but once I did one I couldn't get out of doing the rest :cry:

Amazing job. Wish there was the time & budget to do likewise.

Also, noticing you mentioned free software. Search for 'paint.net' it's a half way house between MS paint and photo shop and free. (I'm not affiliated with the program, but I do like it).

Also I am sick of decking as it gathers dust and muck and is a pain to look after.

It did look quite good when I first built it but it looks like a dog now.
Shouldn't have used that nasty grooved pressure treated softwood.

Where did you get the garden furniture models for Sketchup?

The decking was only put up about 4 years ago and it cost a few £100s for the decking but for all the support it cost nothing as my older but not wiser brother wanted to save money by using some good thick timber he found at the side of a skip.

As for the models if you go to files in the top right and click 3d Warehouse and click get models and then search for anything like tree of lamp post or plant pot :LOL: And then download then to what ever you are doing.

I like you BAs you are funny :)

Great job and well done!

Can't help but notice those steps though...... How tall is each one? a foot?

Great job and well done!

Can't help but notice those steps though...... How tall is each one? a foot?

The steps are quite tall maybe 7 or 8" tall I would of had them smaller if I had another ring to the circle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back