Reduction in Radiator heat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I have both hot water and heating turned on, there is a noticeable reduction in the level of heat from some of my rads. The rads heat back up when I turn the hot water off. I have a new Glowworm boiler and have been told it should be powerful enough to provide sufficient power for both functions to operate together.

Can anybody advise me if this is normal or if I have a problem, what the problem is and how I can resolve it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have a new Glowworm boiler
The installer should have set this up to work properly. Was he a legit Corgi reg. installer who completed the Benchmark certificate? Can you call him back to sort it out? (The answer is to restrict the flow to the HW cylinder so as not to starve the CH circuit of flow.)

If we assume you have a conventional boiler/cylinder setup there should not be a be a large temperature drop on the radiators unless:

a the boiler is inadequately sized

b a cylinder lockshield valve is not fitted and adjusted correctly

c the systen is configured to give hot water priority (known as W plan)

d the bypass valve if fitted is not adjusted correctly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back