registration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
NAPIT ELECSA and all the rest of the scheme providers anyone got any recomendations of who to register with thanks :confused:

Sponsored Links
I looked into NICEIC a while back but I'm currently in the process of joining NAPIT because they offer better training/assessment options.

Napit do seem more helpful but a lot more expensive although pound for pound they do offer more for your money.I got to get my head round this 17th edition thing booked on the course start next tues.Its been a while since I was at college bit nervous.Still onward and up cheers

Got NAPIT coming in next 2 weeks, very helpful and not snotty like NICEIC, yep more expensive but overall package was my decider

Sponsored Links
Well it depends on what qualifications and practical experience you currently have and also what work you want to do.

To gain entry to NICEIC, they either want you to have the qualifications to begin with or you sit their '5-day wonder course' which is nearly £1000. For that £1000 they give you what they consider to be the necessary skills for domestic work, and therefore give you all you need to become a 'Domestic Installer'.

NAPIT on the other hand don't offer a domestic installer scheme so you go in at the NICEIC equivalent of 'approved contractor'.

NAPIT also let you sit a 2 day assessment for free if you have experience but no formal qualifications. The 2-hour written test, and 7-hour practical is taken as the equivalent of an NVQ3 plus 2392 and after a successful onsite technical assessment you have 12 months to gain 2382.

Their training courses are backed up by a 'if you fail, you get another go for free' guarantee, and considering a lot of people fail 2391 I'd happily pay the extra just for that.

Well it depends on what qualifications and practical experience you currently have and also what work you want to do.

To gain entry to NICEIC, they either want you to have the qualifications to begin with or you sit their '5-day wonder course' which is nearly £1000. For that £1000 they give you what they consider to be the necessary skills for domestic work, and therefore give you all you need to become a 'Domestic Installer'.

NAPIT on the other hand don't offer a domestic installer scheme so you go in at the NICEIC equivalent of 'approved contractor'.

NAPIT also let you sit a 2 day assessment for free if you have experience but no formal qualifications. The 2-hour written test, and 7-hour practical is taken as the equivalent of an NVQ3 plus 2392 and after a successful onsite technical assessment you have 12 months to gain 2382.

Their training courses are backed up by a 'if you fail, you get another go for free' guarantee, and considering a lot of people fail 2391 I'd happily pay the extra just for that.

Davy, this is just not true.
You dont need any quals to join niceic.
When you apply the inspector will test you on your assesment.

Problem I got is that my experience is all industrial and commercial steel/pvc conduit armours metal trunking three phase ect not much domestic and that was a time ago as have had to be home looking after the kid.Now I am trying to get back into doing domestic theres this new reg book and every one saying its all changed.Thrown mt confidence to be honest.Napit are happy with my qualifications say I can have twelve months to get my 17th but the problem is I aint got a recent domestic job I can show them and they say they want to see 2 circuits.So really I gotto try and find a way round that.
I do like the idea Napit approve you for indust and commercial work I do like the heavier stuff

Well after reading the NICEIC website it says..

All potential registrants will be required to undergo training in the understanding of BS 7671 and Part P as well as other parts of the Building Regulations and to maintain their knowledge on an ongoing basis. To find a course near you contact NICEIC Training.

Potential registrants to me says people who want to apply but haven't been accepted, and to 'undergo training in the understanding of BS 7671' is pretty much an equivalent to 2382 isn't it? So perhaps I am wrong but if I am then their website is misleading, to me that says you must do a course similar to 2382 before you will be considered.

Anyway, since NIC remodelled their website it's damn near impossible to find any clear information, atleast when compared to how clear it was about a year ago.

I have never been a great fan of nic had dealings with them years ago all they really seemed to be interested was money never asked about knowledge or experience just four hundred pounds thanks your one of us now off you go

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back