regs on copper pipe under floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all
are there any regs on putting copper pipe in a solid floor in the screed ?

is there a site with regs?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
try a search :idea:

this has been done to death

The search facility is diabolical, that does you to death if you try it. A real useless tool.

what is the pipe going to contain ?

ifs its gas use tracpipe , if its water use plastic .

Arf

use hep20 plastice barrier pipe , see merchants for details on installation .

wont be affected by concrete screed . corrosion !!!!

arf

Central heating (secondary circuit) pipes can go in the screed as long as protected against corrosion, ie Denso'd.

Anything which is going to heat/cool needs room to move as well. Otherwise the joints can pull apart. Plastic moves a lot more than metal.

The Search works a bit if you enter say

+copper +screed

Kevplumb has got it spot on, if in a solid floor needs to be ducted. Insulation only if shallow or in an unheated space.
I can't see the need for copper if going in solid floor though, duct it and use hep20 or speedfit.

Just a point to note, in my experience of forums, tick the 'search for all terms' box, then be specific with search keywords. That should produce better results. :D

BoxB, he said flow and return to a rad- they can go in the screed and wrapped or coated copper is fine. Its all t'other water that has to be ducted (or pip).

'doh. I stand corrected. Damn wheel mouse, I scroll through too fast...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back