reillo oil burner no spark

The coils must be working if you had a two step pressure change when it ran up to give the (correct?) pressure that you measured.

So what did you do with the nozzle.

Sponsored Links
chill out guys, i know what a coil is i was simply seeing woods for trees in your rants. no need to go off on 1 trotting off on your high horse!! we all mis-read things on computers from time to time.

i checked the coil (solinoid) and that was fine, i even replaced it with a fresh 1 and it was all good and also checked it against another burner and it works fine.

it was reading about 50psi (wash) and upto 110psi oil was present at nozzle but not very good in having correct oil but no spark

Sponsored Links
Fair enough, I just hope you took the coil off or disconnected it first. :confused:

I dont think you can do that on a mectron, cos the spark does not start immediately, like other burners.

oh, by the way oilman and mister fitwook, think along the lines what "lifts" a flame from the nozzle?..and you have the answer. yes two philips screws and all the problems are over :LOL:

Well......yes.......but is it reasonable to assume it worked once? There's quite a latitude of adjustment for what will allow a stable flame, even if it's not efficient.

Trust me.ive been there..... had to think simple :oops: ... and the looking down the spout of a mectron looking for a spark :LOL: ;)

I don't look for riello sparks.

1) they're so reliable

2) if a new box and photocell doesn't fix it, new electrodes will, as long as 50V is available.

Can't remember when I last had t replace a 530 box.

Have had air, and/or grotty nozzles give trouble though.

this burner is a mistery to me and i've no idea why it didn't work in trianco boiler but i fitted it into a camray 2 boiler this moring and it fired up fine. sparked, ignited and fired up.

it was the EXACT same parts that were on it when i was not working on the trianco.

go figure?

either way, it matters not now, the customer is happy becuase her tenants aren't cold and has already recommened me to another friend of hers for a complete install on a large carn conversion in the cotwolds.

some of you may think i don't know what because i couldn't find the fault and that i don't know what i'm doing BUT unless you've seen a situation where this has happened and you've checked, and double checked EVERYTHING and it STILL hasn't cured it, you can't comment.

thanks to everyone for your inputs though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back