reillo oil burner no spark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
went out to customer. trianco oil boiler eurostar 65 not working.

oil pressue good, motor spinning, 50v from white wire off of motor.

no spark. its an old g5 burner, replace control box, no change, put in new 240v line, no difference. i had a spare motor so checked that. no difference. in the end the customer wanted a new burner because she rented the place and had loads of issues before.

put in new sterling burner, fired up and was fine.

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ignition transformer is part of the control box. i replaced the control box, no difference. i even checked it against another control box, PLUS put the control box i took off that old 1 onto a different burner and it worked. :?:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I don't do oil boiler, as the motor ok, oil pressure ok, control box ok, may be the ignition HT lead?
Or have you clean up the spark electroc and it mounting, check that it got a good earthing? Poor earthing mean poor sparking or none at all, and also check for spark gap?

Dan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IT obviously must have been the photo resistor or solenoid coil!

Assuming that you checked the electrodes!

Seems like an expensive way to repair it to me.

Are you new to oil?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And assuming you checked the fuel supply, pump pressure and nozzle for blockage. The G% burner is a reliable, easy to maintain unit. I agree with Terry. Glad I'm not your customer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok, i'll repeat myself.

the control box contains the transformer and coil, i replaced that with the spare 1 i carry, it didn't work, SO i checked the motor, i checked the photo cell, i checked oil supply and pump pressure. i checked all the volt readings. all were ok. so, i got another control box and it STILL didn't work.

it simply would not spark at all.

i have even put the old control box which HAS the transformer inside it onto 1 of the reillo burners in 1 of my dads houses and it works fine with the old photo cell!

i am not new oil, i simply have not seen something like this before

p.s, i'll keep the old burner cheers for spares for my dads camray.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Remove the old electrode block and check for tracking to the nozzle holder.
was the blast tube wet ?, if it was dry than look at faulty coil.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Components on this burner can cause strange faults.

If it was not the motor(50v control cicuit),control box/photo resistor,then the only component left is the coil!

My bet is that one of the coils (it has two holding /lifting) is shot!

I have never encountered a faulty electrode on this burner unless subjected to physical damage!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please forgive me for asking what i think is a daft question BUT, where is the coil on this burner if it is NOT in the control box? i have the burner in front of me and i see no coil, i have taken the control box apart and i see there is a coil inside there.

am i being daft here?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please forgive me for asking what i think is a daft question BUT, where is the coil on this burner if it is NOT in the control box? i have the burner in front of me and i see no coil, i have taken the control box apart and i see there is a coil inside there.

am i being daft here?

Is this a P!!!!ss take?

Ask yourself what the solenoid coil does.

Unless you have Gremlins it will probably be sat on the oil pump!

You state that you are not new to oil :confused: ( which Oftec centre allowed you to slip through your 101)?

I agree with Willhelm

F F S.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I agree If you dont know what your doing leave it alone.....if you know oil burners...whats going on! :oops:

Sponsored Links