Remainers go on tell us the answer to Boris questions

Who is wasting energy, Does the heat from an incandescent lamp escape from the house without contributing to the heating of the house

it's interesting you should bring out that old canard.

Do you mostly heat your house with gas costing 4.5p per kWh, or with electricity costing 15p per kWh?

If the former, why would you install twenty little electrical heaters in your house, and use them to heat the ceiling where the spiders live, even in summer when you have no need for heating?

And why would you install little electric heaters in your porch, outside your back door, and where you park your car? To warm the moths?

Sponsored Links
I have already explained.

If you disagree, please answer my questions so I can try to puzzle out your reasoning (if any)

i find the idea of claiming to use expensive little electric heaters ludicrous, when your home already has a more economical and controllable heating system.

If you think it isn't ludicrous, you probably find my comments hurtful. But why don't you?

Sponsored Links
What will you do if (or when) dUK as a vassal state of the USA And Subservients World Trade and Obedience Treaty is required to install shale-oil burners in all domestic homes?

And renewable electricity has dropped in availability after the R. vs Trump "Windmills spoil the view" case?

What will you do if (or when) dUK as a vassal state of the USA And Subservients World Trade and Obedience Treaty is required to install shale-oil burners in all domestic homes?

And renewable electricity has dropped in availability after the R. vs Trump "Windmills spoil the view" case?

I presume this is aimed at me?

Are you one of the people who likes hypothetical questions based on non-existent scenarios?

Which have no relevance to the absurdity of running multiple little electric heaters on your ceilings even in summer when heating is not required?

If so, then, yes.

What happens if ( or maybe when ) the EU insist on domestic heating being all electric ( you cannot produce gas from re-newable energy sources {*} ).

it's interesting you should bring out that old canard.

Do you mostly heat your house with gas costing 4.5p per kWh, or with electricity costing 15p per kWh?

Why do you insist on misrepresenting what others post? Bernard was very clear on his point.

Why do you insist on misrepresenting what others post? Bernard was very clear on his point.

Was he?

What was his reply then, when I asked "Do you mostly heat your house with gas costing 4.5p per kWh, or with electricity costing 15p per kWh?"

You'll notice that my question is a factual one, not a hypothetical one based on a non-existent scenario.

Are you claiming that he said he currently heats his house with peak-rate electricity?

I don't think he did.

And picking out two words from a sentence about something different won't change that.

Bernard: "if / when we are compelled to use electricity rather than gas, incandescent bulbs could provide heat". Factually correct, and relevant.

John: "But gas is cheaper". Factually correct, but irrelevant in the context of Bernard's post, which you were questioning......

Sponsored Links
Back