Removal of external supporting wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have made plans to remove the external wall, between my lean to conservatory and bedroom. I've already had plans from a structual engineer which requires me to fit 2 x 4.5m steels which is the wall length with a 2m access through. The questions I am asking is how many ackro bars will I need, to support the the main roof & conservatory roof. The property is a 1936 bungalow,

Sponsored Links
Kinda long steels for a 2m opening.. number of props will depend on loading.. cant your SE give you advice? He should provide a propping load at least..

Thanks for the reply.

The present wall is is +4m with a 2m opening in the middle. What I want to do is to take out the entire wall.

I take it the connie is fitted to a gable end on the bungalow?

Or are we talking about taking a corner out?

Or is the connie attatched to the soffit/eaves of the bungalow elevation?

Not enough info'.

Propping will depend upon the above points but also how and where the removal of the masonry is likely to effect the loads from above.

Three props may be enough. Maybe... :?: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

The present wall is is +4m with a 2m opening in the middle. What I want to do is to take out the entire wall.

well is it an external one. have you room for needles

do you mind an acrow through your floor.

Just taken the wall away. Unfortunately I have dislodged the two coarses of bricks, which are supposed to be between the proposed steels & wall plates.

There are two steels to be fitted. One on the supporting coarse & the other one on the outside coarse, for a future planned extention flat roof.

IS IT OK to raise the steels so that the steel supports the wall plates without the two coarses of bricks between?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back