Remove one ceiling light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for some advice. As the attached picture shows we currently have 2 ceiling lights and I want to change this to a single centrally positioned light. Am i right in thinking that one of these likely feeds from the other and it would be a case of removing the wiring from the 2nd light and then moving wires from the main light to the new position?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 14861956513751284947077.jpg
    14861956513751284947077.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 140
Sponsored Links
I assume just one switch turns on both lights?
Need to see the wiring at both lights to advise. Please post photos.

Do you have access above the ceiling to get to the wiring?

You may need two junctions up there to extend/move the wiring. And they will need to be a particular type if they will be hidden under the floor/up in the ceiling.

It's a 2 gang switch to operate the lights.

I don't have access at the moment but I'm replacing the plasterboard on ceiling so will have in the next few days.

Thanks for the response.

Sponsored Links
What sort of light are you fitting? That looks like quite a big room for just one light!

Here's hoping that there are 2 switch drops, or 1 using 3C+E, and not.... :eek:

Ronnie - what is the wiring at the switch?

And it will be a lot better if you spend a bit of time learning how lighting circuits work, so that you understand what you're doing - blindly following instructions to put-this-wire-in-that-hole without knowing why isn't a good idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back