remove scratches on bathroom sink

i know this sounds ridiculous but i recently scratched my bathroom sink and bath with my ring, i used my girlfreinds extra fine nail polishing stick and buffed up with metal polish - perfect and invisible repair

You shouldn't be Sh***ing in the sink or the bath then. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sorry Steve, I just couldn't resist. ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
They won't actually be scratches but deposits of steel on the glaze (similar to chalk on a blackboard). The glaze is actually a layer of glass so you want something to T - cut the glass. If I were you I'd try a lapidary supplier who sell a cheap rare-earth element for stone polishing called Cerium Oxide.

I've used it for such things in the past. Worth a try.

Thanks for telling its just steel deposits. I just scratched the hotel room sink because I was washing my jeans in it. Yes a hotel sink. I just had to panic.

It's wierd but since toothpaste is an abrasive I decided to push my luck. I use it with a toothbrush and rubbed it with some force onto the scratches on the slightly wet sink. It worked! Saved by toothpaste.

Hi

I have recently bought a one and a half bowl white ceramic kitchen sink. It's great, and a bargain but the full bowl has dark lines (scratches?), or could these be cracks in the surface of the ceramic in which case is there anything I can do? I have tried bleaching it to no avail. I have read the tips above but unfortunately I'm in Bedfordshire and the sink is in Birmingham so I want to be prepared next time I go up with the right potions to rectify it.

Thank you

I have just had the same issue, caused by a Bialetti Coffee maker (Aluminum).
I had some AutoGlym Car Glass Polish, and thought I would give it a go. After 10 minutes of gentle rubbing, with a lightly damp microfiber cloth. All the marks have gone.
Sink looks like news again. :D

Sponsored Links
Hi

I have recently bought a one and a half bowl white ceramic kitchen sink. It's great, and a bargain but the full bowl has dark lines (scratches?), or could these be cracks in the surface of the ceramic in which case is there anything I can do? I have tried bleaching it to no avail. I have read the tips above but unfortunately I'm in Bedfordshire and the sink is in Birmingham so I want to be prepared next time I go up with the right potions to rectify it.

Thank you

Blimey, Bedford to Birmingham, must be a b*gger when you want to do the washing up!
Assuming these lines aren't cracks/crazing then why not just use something like Cif cream cleaner? Works a treat on most marks on sinks.

I took a chance on AutoGlym car glass shine and it worked a treat. I'd tried to remove the old plug fitting with a Stanley knife to break the silicone and managed to make a few surface scratches. Looks as good as new now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back