Remove screws from wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I really need to remove 4 screws from my piano so it can be dismantled, can someone please help. I'm desperate. To confirm the screws have unscrewed with a screwdriver, the heads are not stripped in any way at all, it's loose and ready to come out, but it won't actually extract from the wood.

Can someone please suggest what I need to do and what tool I need to remove these screws. Please see photos attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20170921_215218.jpg
    IMG_20170921_215218.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20170921_215237.jpg
    IMG_20170921_215237.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 179
Sponsored Links
You may need to pull the board away, and the screws will come out as well. But you need to be careful if you succeed, and then try and knock the screws out, as the heads my catch on the wood, and splinter it. Try gently pulling the side away, and see what happens.

May not be screw but cams which are not aligned, or could be captive screws and there is other screws to remove.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back