remove wall understairs,a safe move?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,thanks for reading,
have decided to try and fit understairs units ( eventually) but first need to remove brick wall and pantry shelf.
Im worried if the wall and the walls supporting the shelf may have something to do with the stairs support.
stairs are still sitting on the main walls but just want to ask you knowledgeable gents your opinions first,it looks ok to me but hey I work in a factory,what do I know!
Put pics on hope its clear enough where things are and what I want to do,any advice as usual is very much appreciated lads ,thanks in advance.

//media.diynot.com/39000_38515_93740_40022546_thumb.jpg
//media.diynot.com/39000_38515_93742_83152765_thumb.jpg
//media.diynot.com/39000_38515_93739_60686720_thumb.jpg
//media.diynot.com/39000_38515_93738_39011295_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
There will be a post at the beginning of the winder - as long as you don't mess with that then you will be fine. The brick work will not be load bearing.

Thanks for that Ronny, just like to check before i knock the house down in one fell swoop!
I end up about a foot from the bottom of the winder wall underneath,so is that where the support is ( the wall below the winder section ) or does the staircase support itself in its design?
ta

Sponsored Links
As RR, non-loadbearing wall - it's a brick-on-edge partition

(Imagine your staircase as a ladder propped up at a shallow angle).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back