Remove worktop around pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have started ripping my kitchen out to replace it with a new one. I’ve come across a slight stumbling block.

There is a pipe running through the worktop, and the cut has been made away from the edge of the worktop. Can anyone recommend the best way to work around removing this worktop? (Worktop picture inserted)

Many thanks IMG_0007.jpegimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Drill holes in an arc in front of the pipes. A jab saw will help if you have one

Great thanks so much guys have both the jab saw and multi saw so both will help! Cheers

Sponsored Links
just make sure all pipes do what you expect under the top and nothing curves into the danger cutting area underneath

It's easier to drill a couple of holes to the rear and bodge the chip board with a chisel or screwdriver - just to break the chipboard core, you don't need to mess about trying to remove the pieces as all you need to do is break it and then pull the top forward.

Ensure you break that little piece next to the pipe. Same principle between the pipes.
Screenshot_20231229_090309_Edge.jpg

What are you going to do with the pipes and the next worktop? Are you going to have a notch.

Keep the small bit of worktop around the pipes, to act as a template for cutting the new worktop to fit.

That only works though it the OP is able to disconnect the and then reconnect the pipes, otherwise he will need to notch the worktop.

That only works though it the OP is able to disconnect the and then reconnect the pipes, otherwise he will need to notch the worktop.

I was thinking along the line of drilling the hole in the right place in the new worktop, then cutting a section out to allow the worktop to slide into place. The cut out section, could be put in place behind the pipes, and the joint sealed with sealant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back