Removing cupboard. Need help idetifying pipes inside.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Look like soil pipes to me. Do you live in a block of flats? If so, the chances are that the upstairs neighbours toilets are connected to those. If you have a flat roof, one of them may be leading the rain water away. If I'm right, then it probably isn't practical to move them. Just box them in.

They`re A******s cement pipes :eek: :eek: :eek: for either gas flue or air vents. Cover them up quick before you get the Nanny Police shutting down your whole street. Tex Mex, wheres your glasses :?: :LOL: I can read Urastone on the pipe in the photo :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Nige F said:
Tex Mex, wheres your glasses :?: :LOL: I can read Urastone on the pipe in the photo :LOL:
:oops: Got the sun shining through the window, bouncing of my shirt onto the screen. It really does dazzle. I must stop posting during daylight. It's not normally a problem, because most of the pictures I look at on the internet, I view at night time ;) :oops:

Guys, thanks for the replies.

nstreet: I know it's dodgy but it was there when I bought the flat! Do you think I should stop using it?

Nige F: Could you expand? Can I take them out since the emersion heater is no longer there?

scotthut said:

nstreet: I know it's dodgy but it was there when I bought the flat! Do you think I should stop using it?

Where do the messy brown and white cables come from? They look like some sort of flex and what are the two plugs from the extension block for?

I would at the minimum put the connector strip in a single gang surface mounted box with a cover and use some sort of glands to stop the cable pullying free from the connector block. The last thing you want to do is accidentally stand on it and expose the live stripped cable whilst you are messing around in the cupboard.

scotthut said:

Nige F: Could you expand? Can I take them out since the emersion heater is no longer there?
They, or at least one of them serves another flat- most likely air extract so ,no :( It`s someone elses pipe- common occurence in flats

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back