removing heavy duty fixing from plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i put up a shelf using heavy duty plasterboard fixings, the ones when you tighten, they create a cross behind the plasterboard. The wife has now decided she no longers wants this shelf up :evil: . How do i remove these fixings as they wont un-screw? do i just cut round them, push them through and then try and plug the holes that they have left?

Sponsored Links
i think they are called "interset" fixings. plenty of advice in the wb about how to install them, hee-haw about hoe to get them out.

Screw the bolt back into the thread then carefully push it in to open up the cross behind the plasterboard then pull the whole thing forward slightly and with a long nose plier bend the four lug up 90 degree then push the whole toggle through the plasterboard behind.

what is the "four lug"?

i dont come out form behind my desk very often........

Sponsored Links
msa.jpg

Is this the one you have? If so, have to drill it out carefully until the washer head come apart.

take out the bolt and hit the fixing with a hammer hard enough to bruisie the plasterboard but not so hard as to knock a hole all the way through the fixing should then be in the centre of a small depresion just use filler to fill the depression.

i bent back the part that was flush with the plasterboard and it came away from the rest of it, so i was then able to just push it through the hole. job done, thanks for everyones advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back