Removing moss from roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just had a quote of GPB5800 to remove moss and apply (coloured) sealant to 277 sqm of roofing. Is this an OTT quote? What would a reasonable ballpark figure?

Sponsored Links
Save your money, A total waste of time... You might even get a NEW ROOF for not much more!!!

Have just had a quote of GPB5800 to jetwash a roof and paint the tiles with some paint that will flake off in about 4 years time. Is this a reasonable figure?

Barge and pole mate.

So glad you asked in here before making your decision.

Sponsored Links
They are probably Gypo's - they do all that sort of rubbish these days.

They are probably Gypo's - they do all that sort of rubbish these days.
And they go round in vans so Neat and Signwritten they would put a lot of qualified/honest trades vans to shame :!: The Buggers don`t miss a trick :evil:

Save your money, A total waste of time... You might even get a NEW ROOF for not much more!!!

1st: you would not ask a butcher to give his opinion on McDonalds unless you wanted a negative answer.
2nd Roof coating is a multi million ££££ industry that covers every western country, australia and far east. Over 1,000,000 domestic roofs coated worldwide.
3rd: many roofers who a year ago gave the same answer as above, are now turning to coating as a viable business.
4th Your quoted size of roof is very large and I would firstly question the measurement. If the size is correct £20 a square meter is about average.
5th: If you are in a major city, there will be other roof-coaters out there to get other quotes.
6th. I had a company coating roofs 15 years ago, we turned over 2 million Dm a year, and I take issue with the 'gippo' reference. My house is not on wheels, but is a 6 bedroom 40 acre estate, bought with 38 years of hard graft.

Spleen clear.
Thanks.

Absolute pile of rubbish, rip off, blarney. Buy some new roof tiles and save yourself the embarrassment. You will be the ridicule of your neighbours.

Painting roofs is unnecessary, looks rubbish and does absolutely nothing to prolong the life of the tiles.

The sales pitch of these ***** rip-off merchants is plain fraud.

Painting roofs is unnecessary, looks rubbish and does absolutely nothing to prolong the life of the tiles.

well said noseall!

not to mention the damage done to the roofs in the process of applying this rubbish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back