Removing tile dado rail border without damaging others

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I don't like the patterned tiles in my two bathrooms. I was hoping to just remove the patterned tiles without damaging the surrounding tiles.

Is it possible to chip out or angle grid out the patterned tiles from the below photo?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
yes and no
will take hours you will need at least 6 spare tiles for chipping and breakage
and grout may not match

you can get tile stickers though tacky [no pun intended]may be less offensive to the eye

Depends how well they are stuck on there but I would say your chances of you getting the dado out without damaging the tiles above & below are virtually zero.

Your only chance would be to use a 'GOP 300' and take your time, with this tool you could cut out the grout lines and work from there.

Andy

Sponsored Links
It is possible but it really depends on your skills. You may end up damaging a lot of tiles. Remember you aim is to make it more pleasant for the eye, not to give yourself a reason for a complete retile

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back