Removing Whirlpool Extractor fan help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys!

Background: So our whirlpool Extractor fan (extract to outside) seems to be extracting into the wall cavities and the smell is coming into the upstairs bathroom instead of going outside. I have had a look down the rectangle pipe from outside and all seems well, so i am assuming something has come loose as it attaches to the extractor fan.

Help: I have the instructions (attached) and it seems the top part has to move upwards to reveal the screws for the bottom half to come out. the top part goes through the ceiling which i have removed the grouting around it. Is this correct? I am assuming they did not screw the top part into a bracket as in the diagram below as I can't get to it unless i take out the ceiling lol.

Thanks for any help guys.

Extractor%20fan.png

2021-01-30%2012.18.05.jpg

2021-01-30%2012.18.09.jpg

Sponsored Links
3 pics are in the thread, they show up fine for me? Is there another way to show them?

Sponsored Links
Hmm, that’s odd, I did that and change the 0 to 1 at the end of the url, that’s what I have always done for the images to show as link comes from my Dropbox. I can see the images on my phone and browser. Maybe I can add as an attachment as a pdf?

Yes I think it will, there seems movement it it, but was a bit scared lol incase I lost anything in the void.

If it lifts then it would appear only the plaster board & grouting were holding it in place. Lift it & tilt the bottom out then drop it out of the ceiling, you may have to spread the bottom to clear the hood.

Thanks, I thought that would be the way, but wanted some advice before i broke something, that's kinda the way things go for me lol. Thanks again, will attempt this later and hopefully where the pipe connects to the flu has just come loose.

Success! Came out just like you said, thank you! And as i thought the pipe was completely disconnected because it was not secured on just pushed on with no sealant. also, they used a 3 meter hose for 12" of travel that was needed lol, bloody Barratt's!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back