Renault megane 05 clutch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently purchased a megane coupe carbriolet and i found that the bite on the clutch is very high(almost the top of the stroke of the pedal) compared to every other car i have driven.
Dose this mean it is worn or on its way out, and is there any way to adjust the biting point.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
These clutches are self adjusting so I would say that your diagnosis is correct.....especially if the pedal pressure is higher than you might expect.
John :)

Thank you. Do you know How much would it cost to remedy the problem, and what exactly needs replacing

Sponsored Links
The cheapest way is probably to find a Mr. Clutch outlet.
The standard procedure is to replace the friction plate, pressure plate and release bearing. The clutches are hydraulic on these.

The clutches are hydraulic on these.

Yes and a complete PITA to bleed!

Is the clutch slipping?

Couldn't agree more - I often let gravity bleed it for me and even then it doesn't always get there. Common enough to share hydraulic fluid from the brake fluid reservoir these days.

I have spent nearly a day bleeding one particularly awkward one once back in my Renault tech days! bled it forwards, backwards (brake calliper bleed screw to slave lol!) pressure bled, pumped peddle prob over 1000 times! Eventually it worked :LOL:

Renault Laguna no probs, Clio III - 2.0L 197 no probs! Megan - forget it :mrgreen:

I had one of the original Clio 172's on a 51 plate......found I needed an arm about 4' long with a vice for fingers to get the oil filter off.
It had so much torque steer it was unpleasant to drive.

Sponsored Links
Back