Renault Modus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I saw an advert for the New Renault Modus yesterday. The advert appeared to hinge on an "innovative" new boot design...

It looked rather familiar to me, what do you think it reminds me of?

renault_modus_2_5.jpg

I think the curved profile adds to the plagiarism!

Sponsored Links
Bingo :LOL:

I hear that for Renault's next trick, they will be inventing a radical new hydro-pneumatic suspension system, based on spherical accumulators. ;)

Perhaps after 50 years they reckon everyone forgets so they can nick old ideas and pretend they invented them :idea:

AdamW said:
I hear that for Renault's next trick, they will be inventing a radical new hydro-pneumatic suspension system, based on spherical accumulators. ;)

[pedant] Actually, citroen's sytem has only one accumulator sphere to keep the system pressurised (located under the bonnet), a further 4 acting as springs/dampers (at each wheel, obviously), and most models have a further "anti sink" sphere to stop them from sitting on the floor at the back like the early BXs and Xantiae. [/pedant] ;)

Sponsored Links
chambsesf said:
Is it not Xantices or Xantii??

Xantii: well, this is plainly a Latin ending to a word.

Xantices: Surely this would be a plural of "Xantex"? Which sounds like a lady's pad to me :LOL:

Xantiæ: I would have to agree with Simon on this. Seeing as "Xantia" is clearly derived from the Greek "xanthos" (which means "yellow"), than we should respect Greek plurals and Xantia should become Xantiæ.

I always wondered when classical languages would ever be of any use to me, now I know! :LOL:

AdamW said:
I saw an advert for the New Renault Modus yesterday. The advert appeared to hinge on an "innovative" new boot design...

It looked rather familiar to me, what do you think it reminds me of?

renault_modus_2_5.jpg

I think the curved profile adds to the plagiarism!

I think the innovative bit is in the fact that the whole boot opens hatchback style also. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back